Administrative Clerks, Academic Year 2022-2023
Admin clerks positions are now open for ay 2022-2023. APPLY HERE
Must have work study to be eligible for this position
Please read the job description before submitting your application. Read more about the application procedure here and the requirements for working with us.
Job Description 2022-2023
Residential Life is charged with the development and implementation of orientation and transitional programs for students and their families at the University of California, Berkeley. We also create residential communities that facilitate personal development and intellectual growth. Depending on area placement, clerks may work a minimum of 8 hours and a maximum of 19 hours. After hiring, and work-study status, clerks will negotiate a work schedule with their direct supervisor, which may include some evening hours. Student Admin clerks are placed in the Residential Units, Theme Program, or Committee.
Clerical/Administrative Duties (100%):
- Office/Building Organization (Filing, Flyer printing/hanging/takedown, organizing office space)
- Material Preparation (Flyer sorting/creation, typing documents, photocopying)
- Administrative Tasks (Excel sheets, data entry, information distribution to staff and students, job related errands)
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor
- Projects can be developed to meet the interests of the Student Clerk
- Must have work study to be eligible for the position
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good standing with the university and possessing a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and good standing with the University at the time of application and throughout the period of employment. Please note that GPA does not round up, any GPA below a 2.0 (1.999 or below) will make you ineligible for this position.
- Full-time academic status (12-13 units per semester) during period of employment.
Terms of Employment
- The Clerk is expected to represent Residential Life during their time at the position and adhere to office expectations and procedures.
- Maintain the required 2.0 minimum G.P.A. throughout the term of employment.
- Maintain full-time academic status (12-13 units per semester for undergrads) throughout the term of employment.
- Work at a regularly scheduled shift during the time of employment excluding official university holidays and breaks. Time off must be discussed with and approved by the supervisor in advance.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory job performance evaluation by the supervisor. Satisfactory job performance evaluation is defined as meeting expectations as defined by the job evaluation in all areas of the job description.
- The Clerk will receive compensation of minimum wage
- Maintain positive working relationships with other Residential Life and Residential Student Services Program Staff.
- Be responsible with special staff privileges (i.e. access to office, phones, keys, office equipment, etc.).
- Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in all matters related to students and staff.
- Note: this position may have various physical needs and expectations, if you require any accessibility or disability-related accommodations please communicate with your supervisor after hiring